[Gpdd] Gpdd: (SILLY) [Rufie was a chirping piggie here onplanet earth!]

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Feb 10 08:52:50 EST 2010

Hi Ellen.  I was just indulging in fond memories after reading about the
Flashbang Flatbottom the Pigloo driver, I have had many piggies who did
that, and Sammy does it a little, but usually just to eat pellets when its
cold outside the Pigloo. Whee here on the digest discuss our piggy singers
once in a while. It's a very rare occurrence, you hear this song a clear and
beautiful as a bird coming from the piggy area and you can hardly believe
it. One thing that we get into is what prompts a piggy to sing. Some think
its a joyful thing, I for one dont know but I had this one piggy, a Silkie
boar named Peter, who was madly in love with a much smaller boar named
Pedro. Piggies usually sing when no humans are in the room, but this one day
I scooped up Pedro just for grooming and I didn't get two steps away before
a panicky looking Peter broke into a long and beautiful song. I was
dumbfounded, and I stood there stock still same as all the other piggies do
when someone is singing. As soon as it was over I abashedly returned the
missing pig. Peter was an uncommonly smart piggie but he never wasted it on
people, he just wanted to be with Pedro and sometimes a room mate. One time
when they had been room mateless for I while I introduced another boar and
this time Peter would have nothing to do with it. I tried and retried, and
used all my bonding tricks to no avail. Finally I put a divider down the
middle of the cage with the pair on one side and the singleton on the other,
left them side by side for weeks, then tried removing it but Peter wouldn't
let the new boar anywhere near Pedro. So one day out of exasperation I said
to Peter "OK if want to be tough, try this on for size", and I put the
divider down with Pedro and the new boar on one side and Peter on the other.
Peter's head snapped around and his eyes drilled into mine with this look of
pure understanding and agreement. I took the divider out and the three lived
together happily ever after without a single grumble from Peter. That's way
more smart than I ever though they could be.

Most everyone else says they think piggies sing from joy, but I know it can
be used for saddness or grief, and I'm not sure about happiness. Maybe
that's a different song, but its a wonderful mystery. Out of all my piggies
only 3 or 4 maybe ever sang. Maybe we will hear other stories