[Gpdd] [Virtual] The Black Pearl travels, Haiti, New Orleans, Florida, New York, wedding

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 08:17:57 EST 2010

Captain Jack Stumbles out of his Pigloo rather earlier than he would have
liked the morning after the Super-Bowl Parade and Party in New Orleans, His
eyes are streaked red and he rubs his head and stumbles over a body. It
moves. It's Shipwreck Sam who in turn rolls over and bumps into Barnacle
Bill. Capt'n Jack moans "hurricanes" (the official drink of New Orleans'
Mardi Gras season). Jack goes to the wash basin and burrows his head all the
way into the bowl, cleans up with a towel, and throws it on Sam who in turn
does the small favor for Barnacle Bill. All three look bleary eyed but dress
quickly. Finally Jack says "Look Alive!, men, dis be a big day." A discreet
rap at the door is followed shortly by the entrance of Peaches, smart in her
thigh high boots, daggers peeking out the top of most of them, Jodie da Pig,
whose eyes rivet on Sam as she moves to his side follows. Velvet and Onyx
glide in after and start tidying the cabin from habit, there are hurricane
and champagne glasses, and strings of beads laying around which they add to
their own collections. Jodie and Peaches lay out a simple breakfast of hay
and hot hay tea and they all find themselves around the table. The deck
heaves gently, reminding Cap'n Jack that he did indeed make it back to the
Black Pearl but the motion robs him of his appetite. "Cant whee get some
carrot grog" he says, dramatically lifting his hand to his brow and lowering
his voice. Peaches says gently "dont you think you are a little over-grogged
already". Onyx pipes up and says OK Cap'n! Whee got to the party, how in the
heck are whee going to get to the wedding in New York on Valentines Day,
especially with the weather bad around half the world?" Velvet passes some
beads to Jodie, "yes, sir, it's only a few days and New York is way farthest
away and the weather is horrible with lots of snows." Peaches worries "I
wonder if whee have enough heavy rigging and sails, how's da ballast?" but
nobody answers.

"It's Ok men! I got it all figured out. First you know whee had to get some
R&R after all dat good works in Haiti, whee got da small animals started
into a rescue train to the country an arranged for their medical needs with
the ASPCA. It seemed to me to go from one disaster back to another one that
was recovering, however slowly, and to honor their football achievement
would be good for our minds, it seemed so fitting, better than going
straight to a wedding. That way whee could lay low till the storms pass, and
it looks like it will clear from south to north so whee may be able to scoot
in behind and make it on time." "Maybe On time!" hoots Shipwreck Sam causing
a reflexive cringe from Cap'n Jack, "I'm the Best Man, whee have to be on
time." Jack says "I got dat one covered too, if the weather doesn't clear in
time whee will grab a ride in one of those C-131's the Air Force uses to
ferry supplies into Haiti, their return trips are mostly empty, they can fit
this little tub into a corner, the soldiers will think it's a model ship, I
got it all set up." "What if it doesn't work out" worries Jodie stroking
Sammie's arm. "Well, then the wedding party members will grab a PigAir
flight, they can get over the storm as easily as one of those C-131's. I'll
bring the Pearl in time to pick up the Honeymooners".  "Honeymooners!!!!!!,
what are you going on about", the rest say in unison. Captain Jack groans
again and says very patiently "whee are taking the Honeymooners on their
wedding trip to Hawaii", adding in a very small voice "and California.
What's more whee are stopping tonight to see if Ann's piggies have talked
her into sending them to the wedding, they didn't think so, she's doing some
works and they might have to help, but I'm hoping to recruit on this leg or
the next, whee need a bigger crew, and whee especially need a bookkeeper,
but before you yell bookkeeper, remember to whisper" Hawaii!! they all
scream in unison, dats just wunderful". "Hawaii!, dats a whole nuder ocean,
my slave says its wonerful" says Sammy. Velvet chimes in "OK Jack, but why
do whee need a bookkeeper?"  "Because you eggheads all ran up the egg cards
shopping in Trinidad for News Years Eve dress materials and ribbons, and
then the boars filled up theirs on fireworks, and they when whee needed ship
supplies whee didn't have any money left and had to get day jobs, and then
whee all had to message home for more money to run the Haiti operation, good
ting da slaves all knew dat one was important, so whee just gotta get
organized, ya know, dat way if whee need to run some pirating ops with da
agents from England and Holland whee can plan in advance instead of nearly
getting my beautiful ass thrown in da jail!!, dats why!", he says with a bit
more emotion. "OH! and jus so you all know, Ellen's piggies are going home
to Hawaii wit us, an maybe whee be picking up Sparkles, she can give us a
tour of da islands."  Oh! an Jodie, you bedder check your PigAir
reservations, as your slave messaged that you were going to da wedding from
your Merryland home but da storm is der already so double check which way
you and Peaches are going and let your slave know, dem slaves get all
worried if dey dont know where you is" Onyx, you bedder do da same cus I
read you were all going from Oz but der be big storms der too zo pick the
safest way an tell da slave." "so lets get going, whee might have to tow da
Pearl across Florida to make da best time, whee can go from Tampa to Orlando
where all does military types are."  Oh Boy! more piggies, more frins, more
crew! You did very good Cap'n" adds Peaches.
So they all push away from the table, Jodie and Peaches hang back to finish
cleaning the room, to get it ready to move in the Honeymooners. Onyx and
Velvet go to post ships orders and make sure everybody's ready to go.
Captain Jack and Shipwreck Sam go out to relieve the watch, Barnacle Bill
slips off to kitchen sure he can whip up something great for the crews
lunch, he still just loves to cook.

Over the wheel Sam turns to Jack and says "well now that Bill has a date for
da wedding and Jodie and I are set up, are you going to ask Baby Puff to go
wit you to da wedding, you seem beloved of her."Well Sammy, lemee tell ya"
he says after a long pause and a pull on his pipe (no tobacco), "I bin
tinking allot bout tings and I gots it all figured out, I am crazy about her
but there's a reason she is called Baby Puff......... She's still a baby,
mind you she will be a real corker grown up and I do love her, but it came
to me dat I luv her like a dad.  An you know dat Peaches and the Princess
took charge of her on da voyage and dey were so patient and loving it made
me see Peaches in a new way. You knows whee got history wit Peaches, she was
de beloved of da Jolly Rodent and Manny da Boar, dey is like my fathers or
Unkles. And look at her now, memmer her in Haiti, she in dose boots pulled
out dat dagger when dat scoundrel sneaked up on me, have you seen her handle
da Pearl, I don' tink even you have a feel for her da way dat Peaches duz.
She can run da ship, and party all night and be a tender momma, an obviously
Charlie and Manny loved her, I tink I been  lookin da wrong way da hole
time, I love dat Peaches girl and if she will join me whee can adopt our
Baby Hess an be a fambly, a real fambly, isn't dat jus somethin?  Sam looks
at his frind and sees a little tear and hugs him but the Cap'n brusquely
pushes him away, but winks "not in front of the crew, Sammy"  The Captain
straightens up, sets his hat and says "Whee got a wedding get to men, heave
ho!A pirates life for us!......