[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Chirping

rj1571 rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 16:39:41 EST 2010

Thanks Penny for posting that video link of chirping piggies. I didn't realise this was the sound that everyone referred to as singing piggies. My Hope used to do this. I always wondered what it was. When people refer to singing like a bird I had always imagined it was like a blackbird singing, not the chirping. My Hope used to do this all the time, although I always thought it was something she did when she was upset, rather than it being a happy noise. She would be a lot louder than the one in the video, sometimes she would start up in the night and wake the whole household up! If you went in to see what the matter was I would usually find that Faith had taken Hope's bed or taken some choice vedgie out of Hopes mouth, hence the link with her doing it when she was unhappy.

My new girls have yet to make even a single sound, although I have caught them chuntering away to each other but when they realise I'm there they stop. They haven't learnt to cry out for food yet. I do miss that sound.

Beki