[Gpdd] (Announcement) Our Alge is gravely ill

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Feb 12 23:51:37 EST 2010

Hi Everyone and Everypig. It is with tremendous grief and worry that I need
to report that our dear friend and companion Alge, real name Bev, complete
slave to Captain Jack and Barnacle Bill,  is in the hospital in grave
condition. It is her lungs that are letting her down not the cancer as far
as is known. She was in the ICU with pneumonia in Logan, but just before the
storm she was transferred to St. Ann's near Columbus as I've listed below.
I spoke to her just a few days after her recent posts on the GPDD, I had
called to let her know how good they looked and that she clearly hasn't lost
any of her considerable brain cells. She was very pleased to hear my opinion
and she really sounded just great, and she had just attended the wedding of
another daughter and had a good time. I truly thought she had recovered to
the point that she would be able to enjoy life again, but old man winter is
upon us and he brings his own dangers.

Her daughter BethAnn is going to join GPDD and set up an email for us to use
for our messages as her email dapiggyPirates at aol.com is full and BethAnn
cant get into it. Any emails you have sent there the last couple or 3 weeks
should be resent when BethAnn gets us a new address. BethAnn has just
returned from 4 days at the hospital and is quite exhausted so I dont know
how fast this will happen.

If she recovers enough she will probably be transferred to a hospice but
that is by no means a sure thing, BethAnn hopes she will someday be able to
bring her home, but our Alge is a fighter so I wont count her out. Because
of the seriousness of her lung condition and the fact of the cancer she has
refused to be intubated and is therefore is very uncomfortable, her decision
no extraordinary care. She has never wanted me to sugar coat my messages
about her condition so I won't do that now. She cant receive phone calls as
she hasn't the breath to talk and because there is oxygen in the room she
isn't allowed flowers. Cards can be sent to the Hospital or to her home, if
you need detains email me.

I will continue with the Voyages of the Black Pearl and hope you and your
piggies all will contribute a paragraph now and then, she was very much
looking forward to each one and had liked the one about Haiti allot. She is
also looking forward the fine and fun wedding of Bertie Pig and Sweetie and
we shall all enjoy it so let's be sure to support it. Maybe Captain Jack
could start off one of the dances in his mumsies honor. A wedding is a very
appropriate event just now since the last social event she has been to was
also a wedding.

I hope deeply that she recover to post another day. There are so many of you
that she cares for dearly, times like these when our humans and piggies are
in trouble is when we feel our own humanity the most. God bless everyone and
everypig that has added such richness to her life here at GPDD.  BethAnn or
I will update you as we get info. BethAnn says it's not to soon to think of
Captain Jack and Barnacle Bill's future. BethAnn says she knows a person has
expressed an interest, and she thinks that person is in Florida. We should
find that person, I have one lead, if the person is not in Florida please
step forward, and anyone who knows anything about her wishes let me know.
BethAnn is not a piggy person but certainly a fine daughter. Write me if I
can answer any questions. I am pretty shocked and grieved just now.
She is at St.Ann's Hospital, Westerville
 ICU Step-down Unit
www.mountcarmelhealth.com
500 South Cleveland Avenue
Westerville, Ohio 43081