[Gpdd] re GPDD (Health) [pellets]

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 13:55:13 EST 2010

Hi,
Cindy and everyone,
My secondary vet Demian said to give the piggies only an eighth of a cup of
pellets a day, he said because of alfalfa in the pellets...when i tried to
tell him that i only use Oxbow organic mixed with Kaytee Timothy hay
pellets, he said it didn't matter.  he said that the pellets still can cause
stones (but i think he meant alfalfa, so i did not really do what he said,
well i sort of do, but i don't see how the pellets would cause stones unless
there is alfalfa in  them. some alfalfa is ok.)  i think he just meant to
use more hay.  i don't know about the gas issue. I just think he meant not a
lot of pellets with alfalfa.  guess i should find out what he meant.
Ellen