[Gpdd] [Announcement]: Alge, contact info, and her piggies

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Feb 14 00:50:45 EST 2010

Hi Everyone.
I have no new news today about Alge's condition. I have not posted her real
name and address on the GPDD because the GPDD  is a public document and is
searchable by outsiders. I am happy to give her name and address to any
digest member known to me, however I think the best thing right now is send
your wishes to her at the hospital I listed last night, (this morning). For
this you will need her name and the hospital info I posted last night. I
will send you her name as will any of the members who already have it, the
problem is I cant tell you who they all are for their own privacy on the
GPDD. This all worked well when she was sick last summer, and we got our
messages through to her and she was unbelievably thrilled to get them. Some
of you have private emailed in to me for that info and I will answer you all
tonight.  The hospital also has a way to email a patient directly according
to one of our members, so go to the hospital's home page with her name if
you have it or when get it from one of us that has it,  if you dont know who
they are or you have lost the info send your request to me.

Hopefully her daughter BethAnn will open an email for us to use and that she
will join the gpdd and let us know that addy in the meantime let me repeat,
her email she has been using for the gpdd is full, that's why BethAnn has to
open a new one.

I called Ann Evans this morning and we had a lengthy cry. Some of you ask
how to go one with all the losses we suffer on the GPDD. My belief is that
you have all made me a stronger person by you caring answers and advice to
me, and that as a group we reach out to one another, make friends, hold
events like the Peter Gurney candle lighting that will happen March 9th as
was posted today. We honor all of our other lost humans on that day too, and
we honor our lost piggies by our announcements, memorials, and condolences
we post on the GPDD to comfort one another.Other wise our regular friends
and family would in some cases come to think of  us as nutcases to be so
upset by the loss of a pocket pet, sometimes our vets even feel that way,
but here on GPDD we have each other, and every one of us has experienced the
excruciating pain of a lost piggy or piggy slave and sometimes a family
member or other pet. With each other we get it.

Another way is that we have our virtual events like the Saga of the Black
Pearl, and the other virtual events like the wedding, the Cavaret, the
laying of the Last Poo coast to coast. My gift to Alge has been to take over
the Black Pearl for her and I will keep sending her our adventures, she and
I even conspired to write a virtual sea burial for her father who died 2
months ago, the story  in conjunction with the New Years Eve event the
Piggies had on the Black Pearl (as yet unpublished by yours truly who
regularly sets records for procrastination).  Alge and I have regularly
discussed the Rainbow Bridge as it relates to our piggies over the years and
I have come to know that it has crept into my consciousness about my own
mortality and my worries about Alge's longevity she has faced for years now.
I have been helped to face my eventual mortality (I am not sick now) and I
think it has helped her too, and I know I hope my previous piggies will all
be waiting there for me some day as well as my lost son and parents and
friends too!

So whee come here for advice to help our furbabies live better and longer
lives, we console one another when one is lost, we educate each other and
some vets, and we grieve for lost parent slaves as well. We are a slice of
life as it is meant to be, a community of caring people who share
experiences, in a way a kind of old fashioned concept in today's world, one
I like. I cant honestly say I would still be here without you all.

I have not found the member, who possibly lives in Florida , who had already
agreed with Alge to take one or both of her piggies if she goes to the
bridge. So if there is a person already arranged let me know, otherwise we
need to search among ourselves and our resources to find Capt. Jack and
Barnacle a new hoe if need be, and to arrange a piggy train to get them to
their new home, one case where the Black Pearl wont do. I have one piggy and
can have another where I live, however I am clear across the country and
have no vet in my town and no car to get to the Piggy expert in Portland. I
feel Manny was lost to poor vet care so unless I can get a car I dont dare
take another. Now i have a Black pearl story to write now about how it reach
the New York location for the wedding. Good Evening friends, Sandy