[Gpdd] Southern US Guinea Pig rescue train and flight needed as well as donations

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 09:32:21 EST 2010

This message may seem repetitive to some GPDD members but is
 copied outside our circle so I ask patients and help as we find a way
 to move precious cargo

 Can any body help get 2 guinea pigs, known pirates in the virtual
world, in 2 approved airline carriers driven part way from Cleveland or
 closer east to Baltimore, or possibly a more
 Southern route, ultimate destination is Daytona Beach Florida. This is the
 result of the death of their owner a long time and very beloved member of
 the GPDD, Guinea Pig Daily Digest a world wide Yahoo group. Looks like a
 real life flight animal rescue airline can fly them south from Baltimore
 to Florida.  Even a driven leg of 5 miles, 50 miles, 100 miles, to meet
 someone else for the next leg is helpful, with a few initial volunteers we
 can publish what we have and ask for specific routes to finish. This
 project called by some a Piggy Train. I have copied some groups and people
 known to help with rabbits in situations like this, people who dont know
 this particular situation but may of a potential solution.  Anybody at all
 in that general area with car and time who is known to us or someone we
 know and has good basic small animal care and safety information. We also
 need 2 airline approved carriers, but the drivers dont have to be the
 supplier, people who cant drive will donate the carriers. Gas no object.
 The person must be recommended by a member of us or a bon fide rabbit or
 guinea pig rescue organization or the family of the deceased or of the
 GPDD or House Rabbit Society or yahoo rescue transport group. We need
 people with time in the approx. right location with good hearts and
 willingness to do a good deed. What goes around, comes around.

Now if it happens that there are people who can drive southern legs to
 Florida we can work that out too!  Jenni is the new mum, and she is an old
 time GPDD'er and friend of many of us and esp. Alge, our deceased member.
 This is the one thing that means the most to Alge, getting her pigs to
 there new forever home. Jenni belongs to the yahoo animal rescue/transport
 organization. Please dont be insulted by your name on this list, anyone
 who cant help of course, cant help, but they might have ideas for us to
 pursue. This project ideally need to be at least out of Columbus by the
 end of February if possible. We know of no great exotics vets in the
 Columbus area, if any are known for health certificates /exams please also
 let us know. A mission of mercy, please help if you possibly can.
 Information, drivers, carriers, gas all needed.
 Sandy of GPDD
 Jenni, adoptive parent