[Gpdd] Announcement: Re: Alge's Last Journey

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 00:53:33 EST 2010

Fellow GPDDers,

There is a beautiful video tribute to Alge up on the funeral home site now.
Be sure to turn your sound up. The music is beautiful, too. You can see
pictures of Alge from infancy through her final years. One thing that struck me
is how often you can see pets with her in her childhood photos. Obviously,
she was an animal lover from an early age. She always looks happy in the
pictures, no matter what age she is. And that makes me happy, too, to know that
she got her chance at joy.

BethAnn left a nice tribute in the guestbook, too. You might want to go
look at it, if you haven't been to the guestbook recently, as she mentions US,
Alge's friends from the GPDD. She seems in awe that Alge has influenced so
many lives, all over the world. It made me feel so good, to read it.

I left one more message in the guestbook, because I felt that Alge's warmth
and generosity towards Alyssa should be mentioned:

There is one more thing about Bev (we knew her on the listserv as Alge)
that I need to post: My daughter Alyssa (whom Alge continually sent supportive
and encouraging emails to, anyway) was in a serious car accident a few years
ago, when she had just started college. She was severely injured, and
needed major surgery. She was in great pain for a long time, as it took ages (and
lots of Physical Therapy, etc.) for her to recover. Bev was like a guardian
angel to her at that time, sending her special goodies through the postal
mail and helping see her through this dark time. We owe Bev a huge debt. Not
only did she always applaud Alyssa's creativity and promote the sales of
Alyssa's videos whenever she could, but she also ministered to her when she was
badly hurt, and very much in need of a friend.
Alge, we will always love you, and I know that Alyssa will always think of
you as her special Guardian Angel.

Nancy (& Alyssa)
http://www.carrotwars.com