[Gpdd] Misc; Off topic

M mfug at live.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 16:30:35 EST 2010

Well I had to share this news with you guys, would you believe on Thursday when he went to local market as usual my Dad got out the car only to be approached by a lost domestic rat, we believe it is a fancy rat.

Never one to ignore an animal in need Dad promptly picked it up and went and found an official who after telling him there had been a fancy rat and mouse fair at the weekend, told him to run it over.

Needless to say he ignored this callous advise and went and bought a cage, food, water bottle and hidey house for the rat, I have asked that the rats temporary name be Algernon Rat as the timing was so perfect.

Algernon Rat is white and grey with big pink ears and a cute pink nose that wiggles, he (we dont know sex) is also very friendly.

We are assuming as he appears to be well fed and cared for that he has escaped and someone will be missing him, I thought the best way to get a lead on this would be to find rat lovers forums and leave a post, minus crucial details so we can confirm genuine people.

Anyone know any rat forums specifically in the UK

Until we find his real home Algernon Rat will remain with my parents so he will be cared for.