[Gpdd] Grief - Baby Truffles

Marsha Neely matilda at ptsi.net
Fri Jan 1 14:15:16 EST 2010

Dear Corrine,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I do my best to keep up with the digest, but I
don't usually say much.  I want you to know that I had a very, very similar
situation as you have now.  More importantly, I want you to know that things
do get better with time, and that the people here on the digest are the
best.  I lost 5 precious furbabies in the short period of 10 months and I
was just crushed.  Muttley was the first piggie I'd had in several years and
I just fell in love with him the second I saw him.  I loved him so much that
when I had to go out of town a couple of times for work, I called everyday
to check on him.  After a while, I got a female and I named her StinkerBelle
(2003).  She and Muttley had two litters together, one boy and one girl per
litter (Ozzy & Trixie - 11/07/2003 and Elvis & Bob - 02/01/2004).  I kept
all of them but Bob and spoiled them all rotten.  I lost Muttley at the end
of 2005 and I was crushed.  The only thing that kept me going was having his
babies with me.

Muttley passed 12/30/2005 (heart attack after surgery)
Elvis passed  08/27/2007 (vitamin deficiency)
Ozzy passed  09/08/2007 (grief from Elvis passing)
Tigger 11/23/2007 (piggie I rescued in October 2007 who had pneumonia when I
got him)
StinkerBelle passed 12/20/2007 (Torsion)
Trixie passed 06/27/2008 (result of bladder stone surgery two weeks earlier)

When Trixie passed that was the end of Muttley's family.  I still grieve for
all of them, but I have another 5 beautiful little female furbabies now
(KissaBella, GracieBallet, BonnieMamas, Chloe, and Heidi).  I lost my only
remaining male, Bubba, very suddenly earlier this year.  The loss is always
devastatingly sad, but knowing that I did everything I could possibly do for
them makes me feel better eventually.  Having other piggies is the best
therapy for me.  I have a high stress job, Director of Residential Services
at a domestic violence/sexual assault crisis center, and they ARE my
therapy.  They get me through the really hard times.  Nothing can ever
replace the ones we lose, but just looking into my girls beautiful little
eyes lets me know that they understand.

Take care and remember that we are all here for you.  I will never know
exacly how you feel, but I can certainly empathize with your situation.  You
did everything you could for Baby Truffles, and now she is with her mother
and my babies.  I can imagine them popcorning all over the place at the
Rainbow Bridge.

Marsha