[Gpdd] MISC: some facts

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 23:35:34 EST 2010

Just to let everyone know, no offense to cat people, but I'm not one of them.  We try our best to chase off any feral cats.  And I'm not working an outside job at the moment.  Yes, I'm pretty much at home.

We do believe that all cases, although some symptoms were similar (like diarrhea), they weren't related.  Blossom was fed rabbit food at the pet store until we rescued/adopted her (over four years ago) and she gave birth two and a half days later, so we were 'too late' to 'fill her up' with nutritious foods.  I always feared for Baby Truffles' health but overall she was okay.  I always feared she was missing some bones or something (because of the rabbit food diet her mommy had at the pet store).  Baby Truffles only, had some sort of neurological problem that seemed to have cleared up.  As my mom put it, she thinks that Blossom 'took' Baby Truffles health problems so that her daughter could live.  It sure seemed that way because Blossom was healthy one day and not doing so well the next.  Losing Blossom was pure shock and to me, something that shouldn't have happened.  Even though Baby Truffles would eat some fresh foods on her own, we had to mostly
 force feed her and syringe her water.  We believe that she just missed mommy too much.  We were hoping that she's known us since birth too so that she would 'make do' with us, but obviously that wasn't to be.  She was almost normal one day, then the next day she refused all food and water.  Michael saw her crawl to this pigture I put in her pen of her mompig Blossom.  It touched Michael but it made me cry because I took it to mean, I'm coming to join you mommy.  Hours later, she was gone.  Baby Truffles was born to us, so that made her extra special, she was MY little girl.  MINE.  All mine.  I can't lose her.  I just can't.....

Through all this, we have Snoopy, our lone male, who so far, has been okay.  He has the same food and water and environment (in the same room, just opposite side) as the girls.

The first vet, who seems to us, to just do what he knows and isn't willing to do more (not willing to learn), said if the panacur and sulfatrim don't work, then he'll try baytril next.  Because, through all of this, Sparkles has remained the spokespig for meal times, she's been the one with the voracious appetite.  The vet who's been treating Blossom and Baby Truffles said to cut down or out fresh veggies for Sparkles.  We all know she wouldn't like it, and she didn't.  She wheeked LOUDLY at all hours whenever she saw Michael (he's the one who usually feeds them).  She could just hear his footsteps and she'd be wheeking away.  So anyway, we contacted the first vet for the baytril and it's been three days that Sparkles has been on it, and now Sparkles is making nearly normal poos.

I'm not putting down anyone but there's just one fact that remains, yes, we've all lost piggies.  Yes, I've lost piggies before.  Yes, the losses hurt.  Yes, given time, my heart still feels the pain, but you keep going.  But bottom line is, I've NEVER LOST MY VERY OWN LITTLE GIRL BEFORE.  I'VE NEVER LOST MY BABY TRUFFLES BEFORE.

I don't think I can recover from this one,

Corrine