[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Faith

rj1571 rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 4 15:51:31 EST 2010

It is with a very heavy heart that I must let you all know that my beautiful Faith passed away today.

I syringe fed her water and vedgetable puree with crushed pelletts at 11pm last night and she seemed a little brighter until I put her back in her hutch and she tried to stand to move and wobbled and fell over. She heaved herself into her tunnel and looked exhausted.

I did not expect her to be with us this morning but she was, albeit very weak. I took her out to syringe her water and food but she refused outright and I only managed to get one syringe of water into her. I phoned the vets and got an appointment mid morning but Faith had already passed away for then.

In a way I am happy that she got to cross over naturally, I did not want her to have to go through that trip to the vets.

I have so many "if onlys" running through my head at the moment.. if only I had been more vidgelant over christmas, if only I had intervened earlier, if only I had handled her more as a baby she wouldn't have found all this so stressful. The list goes on. But, on top of all I am glad she is out of pain now. She has missed her sister Hope so much since she passed in September, now Charity, Hope and Faith can be together again.

Faith was my last beautiful baby, it feels so strange to be looking at am empty hutch. Even last night it felt so strange to go up to bed without collecting and delivering the night time fresh vedgies. I am sure there will stil be a few evenings when I wonder into the kitchen to get the fresh greens then realise they are no longer there.

But, I am not going to get any more piggies, not for a while anyway. I have had to go through the pain of battling through illness and then losing them anway with Hope and then Faith in the space of 3 months and it hurts.

Goodbye my baby Faithy, run free in the long grass.

Beki