[Gpdd] Health: Guinea pig with asthma

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 8 05:17:27 EST 2010

HI ME

My little Donald used to have breathing problems - every so often he would sound wheezy, like there was something stuck in his throat.   When I took him to the vet he said nothing wrong, and the fact we could hear the sound was better than if it was a silent wheeze.   He said piggies sometimes get things caught in their upper throat airway.      After a while he'd make a loud cough, seem to clear the obstruction, and stop that heavy breathing.

Donald suffered this from time to time, but it didn't affect his eating or breathing or health at any time.

I've read where Peter Gurney actually says one can use a little bit of vicks at the nostril point for a cold/respiratory problems, so maybe a tinsiest bit of vicks could help.

Good luck with your little one,
Julie & her boys