[Gpdd] Announcement: Chico will join my girls around Valentine!

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 16:37:02 EST 2010

Hi all,

Last monday my lone boar Chico went to the vet to get fixed.
All went well and I am glad to report he is doing fine, phew...

Since his friend Toby died in June last year, Chico has been a bit lonely.
Luckily this has not had any influence on his health.
Then in October my old gal Guiny died, which meant the girls cage is pretty
roomy for just the two of them.
I had two options: Getting Chico a new (young) male friend, or add him to my
girls group.
I would love to have all my piggies in one big group, because to be frank
that means less work for me cleaning
just one cage. Getting Chico a young male friend would mean that i maintain
the two cages: one for the boys and one for the girls.
Getting a young fixed boar turned out to be really hard.
Since I been ill quite a lot last year, and my boyfriend cannot clean the
cages due to allergies, I would really prefer to have one cage,
instead of two. Because have more than one cage means more time cleaning.
Plus I am pretty sure Chico would feel over the moon
being allowed to get in with the girls. He adores Dunya through the bars of
the play pen when having floortime.

I know not everyone on this list is very pro having a boar neutered, so I
decided not to mention this very explicitly on the list.
I am very glad that al went well, and he seems to be doing just fine. I
would have beaten myself up if something went wrong
with the surgery. After all he is a healthy boar, so why operate on him?

But in 6 wheeks he will be joining my girls permanently,
Which will mean he will most likely have the best Valentine of his life!

Grtz Slave Mikey
Winky girls Dunya and Woopy
and my Valentine Chico

pandameisje at gmail.com