[Gpdd] CARE: Hair trimming

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 14 15:16:50 EST 2010

A tip for not accidentally cutting your piggie:
Use rounded tipped scissors, and keep your hands between the piggie's body and the scissors. Take the hair to be cut between your left (for right-handers) index and middle fingers with the fingers resting on the critter's skin, and cut with your scissors in the right hand. You won't get as close a cut, but you won't accidentally hurt them if you're clumsy as I often am or if you have a squirmy pig.

Hershey was a silkie, and, as long as I kept her bottom trimmed, she required no additional care except for brushing with a baby brush now and again. We both enjoyed that. Sigh.

Wishing you the best for your new additions,

Joanie