[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Pookie has marched away

Kathryn Skosich kskosich at msn.com
Fri Jan 15 13:17:27 EST 2010

Pookah-Darryl departed for the Rainbow Bridge January 14 of an sudden intestinal problem and heart failure. I cannot believe how quiet the kitchen is without his indignant "POOKAH-POOKAH-POOKAH!" for food.

He was a big boy, shaped somewhat like a loaf of bread, but able to run fast at the sound of groceries arriving. Pookie had a broad white band from his crest to his nose and I think I once counted seven patches of colors on him including an interesting tweed area. He was demanding but also purred his thanks for food. He loved to be held and carried outside for garden food, although the great outdoors scared him a bit.

My son's lady friend lost her dear piggie Toru, a wooly teddy bear boar this week. She will be adopting two white guinea pigs from the local rescue, as the shelter said no one wants the white ones.

Pookie was the twelfth guinea pig in a long line of beloved pets. Pookie is survived by his dear friend Ginger Jellyroll next-hutch to him, Millie the bloodhound, Shaggy cat and his human family. Good-bye my little man, I miss you terribly. --Kathy S