[Gpdd] (ANNOUNCEMENT)hello I am new

Erin Beiter badgersrawesome at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:41:21 EST 2010

Hello Everyone!
       Hi, my name is Erin.  I am new to gpdd.  For just a little
background, I own two guinea pigs(okay, so I share them, but they like me
best!!) named May and Pineapple.  Strangely enough, May is younger than
Piney, but she acts way older; she is the dominant one.  Anyways, I don't
really know any of you, but I need your advice. At my Church, they have this
daycare down in the nursery.  And the daycare owns a guinea pig.  The only
problem with them having her is that she is being seriously mistreated.  She
is such a sweetie!  Her name is Dora and she is super thin, the only things
inside her 2x1 cage is a tiny bowl of food (usually not full) and a water
bottle. Her cage is full of rotting poops, and she obviously does not get
fresh hay every day.  The people down in the daycare could not have possibly
cared if she was entertained or not...(I am steaming in my chair as I write
this) They have given this poor creature the bare minimum of care. I mean *
the* bare minimum.We have written letters about how undernourished this
creature is but they still haven't done anything about it...I have felt her
and she is literally bone thin.This is atrocious. If anyone has any
suggestions to how I can reason with these people without blowing my top
they will be greatly appreciated.  If they don't shape up I am reporting
animal abuse.
Thanks,
        Erin Beiter