[Gpdd] ABUSE- church guinea pig

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 17 02:34:27 EST 2010

Erin-
First off, welcome to the digest! Sorry to have to start things off with
such bad news. I believe the first step is to schedule a meeting with the
head of the daycare & the pastor of the church & tell them you need it
immediately. You need a face to face on this, a note obviously isn't going
to work & you don't have time to waste. I would take along some papers or
books if you have them on the proper care of guinea pigs. If you don't have
any then print some off the internet. Be polite, but firm, & state exactly
what you want done & why. It may help to write down the problems (such as
lack of hay, which they cannot live without & proper cage size for examples)
& what you want to say ahead of time since it could be hard to keep your
cool! I have worked in the nursery at church & it is no place for critters
to have to live! Tell them you want this piggie to have proper care & want
to take her home so she can have the life she should be having. Also they
should know that replacing her with another animal is not acceptable. There
is no need for a daycare to have a pet. If they want to children to have
exposure to animals then it can be arranged for someone to bring in a family
pet for visits from time to time. I do not advocate simply taking the piggie
without permission. This is stealing & could come back to bite you in the
butt in the end. It will not help your cause. I would tell them if they do
not do something immediately you will be calling your local SPCA, Humane
League, whatever organization is in your area. This is, plain & simple,
animal abuse. We were put here to care for God's creatures & they should be
ashamed of themselves. If you cannot leave with her & must call an
organization for help then I would do as Penny said & at least make sure she
has hay & clean water & food until you can get help. Please keep us updated
& thank you, thank you, thank you for helping this poor critter! You are an
angel!
~Jaime & Mimi~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/