[Gpdd] Abuse: church guinea pig.

Fiona Is Me pretend.reality at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:41:47 EST 2010

This is my first post to the guinea pig daily digest, as I'm a little shy I
suppose, but I've just had to write in about this poor guinea pig who lives
at a church, no less. They should know better.
I feel since that they have been given notifications that they are
neglecting their poor little Dora they should be reported to the RSPCA
(thats what it is called here in Australia) right away and they will deal
with it accordingly. Perhaps you can even reply to help rehabilitate her if
they do not rescue guinea pigs often and/or haven't the facilities for them,
and make sure she's on the path to recovery. In my experience, dealing with
people who are in the wrong (and know that they are, deep down) will deny
their deeds and it can be very frustrating, which is why I recommend going
straight to the RSPCA. It will save you heartache, that's for sure, and the
RSPCA shouldn't mess around in going about their business and inspecting
this guinea pig who is so obviously malnourished and certainly not properly
cared for. Perhaps you could even take a few pictures to support her case as
proof that she is being mistreated so that they can't cover up after
themselves, however her malnourishment should speak for itself that she has
been mistreated.
Good luck, and welcome to the digest - it's sad that it has been a sad post
to begin your time here, I hope you enjoy reading the piggy glee when it is
less mournful than this :).

Fiona
(and her guinea pigs Dora, Pippy, Penny and Muppet)