[Gpdd] Misc; research

M mfug at live.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 02:48:13 EST 2010

Does anyone know any good sites about the medicinal qualities of food for guinea pigs.

I can find plenty that list safe and dangerous foods, vitamin C levels and calcium phosphorus ratios.

I know that certain foods have medicinal properties for humans (dandelion and nettle for urinary problems) (beetroot can lower blood pressure and help prevent liver disease and diabetes) but do these medicinal properties also help guinea pigs?

This is my new research project, when I have thoroughly researched a herb/vegetable I intend to bullet point good and bad qualities and share this.

The other thing I want to research is why are foods bad, again I can find lists of bad foods but they very rarely specify why they are bad.

I imagine this is going to take me a loooooooong time.

M, Fugly and Spooky (who will of course be helping with the research)