[Gpdd] <HEALTH> Hair Falling Out

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 07:23:24 EST 2010

The piggy should go to the vet ASAP if hair loss may even possibly be due to
mites, the itching can be so bad can cause  seizures, a series of 2 are
required 7 to 10 days apart. I much prefer ivermectin to Revolution even
though Revolution can be given at home because it kills a boatload of other
internal parasites that can compromise your piggies life over time.   Hair
loss in females, when concentrated along the flanks, is usually due to a
hormone imbalance cause by cystic ovary disease. Often this is accompanied
by increased thirst progressing to burning constant thirst. We have a
treatment for that if it sounds right, and we can forward it if you need it
when you go to the vet. In any case the piggy needs a vet, the Ivermectin
shots are cheap.   Let us know what it turns out to be or if you need more
info Good Luck,   Sandy and Sammy