[Gpdd] Health: Stones and Shilintong

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 17:32:58 EST 2010

Dear Libby,

My late gorgeous piggy girl Lotje, used to have sludge, as far as we know
she has never formed stones.
We started her on Shilitong, and she did pretty well on that, and after
getting a bit used to it, she would grab the syringe by herself and start
eating it. We mixed crushed shilintong with crushed vitamin C tablets and
then add water and put it in syringe. Every once in a while she would stop
liking the taste of it, and we would leave the vitamin C out.
When Lotje got older she got sick every now and then, but usually she pulled
through with a bit of antibiotics and extra care. After a while the vet
advised us to stop using the shilintong, but I am not sure if that was the
best move. Though it is very hard to tell wether she kept going strong
because of the shilintong, I feel it did help her, but of course I don't
have any solid proof for that.
After we stopped giving her the shilintong, she got sick again, and
unfortunately did not make it... But as I said it was hard to tell what part
shilintong or lack of it might have played in this.

I know Leah is very positive about shilintong, so she might give you some
good advice.

Good luck,
Mikey
and the Winky girls: Dunya and Woopy
and my valentine (and soon to be my girls valentine as well) Chico
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl
Cavia website: www.guinygirlz.nl