[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Dexter

Dawnda Browning dawndabrowning at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 24 19:47:28 EST 2010

I am behind on my gpdd. I am slowly trying to catch up. I send my condolences to all who have lost loved ones of any kind. I have gotten married and moved back to Ohio since my last post. My new e-mail is dawndabrowning at yahoo.com.

It is with much sadness that I announce that Dexter has went to the bridge. He was 5 years and 9 months old. He had a heart attack and went quickly which I am thankful for.
He had been looking old and frail, but he was eating very well and he had a great attitude. I gave him his bowl of lettuce Friday morning and I went back to take the bowl out an hour later and it was still full. I knew immediately that the end was near. Lettuce is his favorite and he has never left any! I took him a piece of cucumber a couple hours later. He grabbed it and starting eating it in his igloo. I said a little prayer to the Lord to let him go quickly and not suffer. I went back 10 minutes later and he was laying on the outside of his igloo dead. He had eaten half of his cucumber. He died doing what piggies like to do best and my prayer was answered as well.
I buried him later Friday by a rose bush and I put a stepping stone on top of his grave. I was thankful the temperature was in the 50's instead of the teens like it has been lately.  I will plant some lilies in the spring. He was such a sweet boy!

Dawnda Browning