[Gpdd] BRIDGE: Dexter

DaPiggyPirates at aol.com DaPiggyPirates at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 05:05:48 EST 2010

Dear Dawnda,

     I've been out of touch because of illness and treatments (radiation
and chemo and partial surgery and such -yuck) but I'm doing better. I received
your card a while back but haven't been up to responding -- but fully
capable of real appreciation for you and for all my friends here on GPDD. Good
that you could move back to Ohio and congrats on the marriage. You'll have to
email me all about it.

     As for Dexter, my heart sank, but the little guy lived a long and good
life especially considering that his momma went way back to the "Ohio 100"
rescue. You were one of the first to give some of those piggies a home.
Dexter and his 2 brothers were born to what turned out to be an already pregnant
momma piggy at your house. I'm sure he and my Chester at least were 1/2
brothers and Chester left way too soon, as did Charlie.

     I swore I wasn't going to cry over anything today (or tonight -- it's
4:47 AM as I write) but I cannot help but shed a few tears (more than a few
maybe...?) for Dexter. His trip to the Bridge is almost personal. But thanks
for giving those piggies and their mommas a second chance at life -- and a
good life at that.
     As for me, sadly my father died last month, Dec., but like Dexter, it
was a good and gentle death,   and my daughter was married Sat. night (Jan
23) -- a month rom his funeral. This is her 2nd marriage. The first one was a
disaster before the vows were even exchanged. This one holds great promise,
however. In other words, she seems to have gotten a good guy this time, and
they are so in love and so aglow.
     But I need not tell you about those kinds of feelings right now, do I?
  :)

God bless and my great sympathies on the loss of a wonderful little pig.
(Of course, they're all wonderful!)

Alge