[Gpdd] [MISC] 3 New Girlies coming to me on Sunday!

rj1571 rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 14:57:46 EST 2010

Hi All

I am soooo excited, I just have to share with fellow guinea pig carers who are the only ones who will understand my joy! After a month of looking, I have three lovely girls coming to join me on Sunday.

I'm so excited, its like being a kid again on Christmas eve! And there's so much to do ready for their arrival. After doing a lot of reading recently I decided to give Vetbed a go for the hutch, rather than the newspaper and hay I have been using. I found a good supplier on ebay and it arrived today. I think I may have made a wrong choice in choosing the lilac, its a very good job I am getting girls as I am sure a boy pig would have hid in shame having to live on such a vivid colour:-) I've got to cut it to size then wash it 3 times to get the excess fluff out of it. Hope it doesn't block up the washing machine as OH is not happy about it going in our washing machine as it is! As my new ladies will not now be housed on hay, I have ordered 2 hay racks, hope they come tomorrow. My past experience with a hay rack was a loud bang which was Faith ripping it off the front of the hutch then dragging it to her bed so she could eat in peace:-) Lets hope the new
 girls take a while at least to work that trick out! Have another two fleecy guinea beds coming, again, hope they come tomorrow. I need to find a corner tray for them to use as a toilet. The only ones I can find are huge so I will be scouring pet shops all weekend.

Anyway, I am looking for some inspiration for lovely names for my new girls, maybe if I describe them you might have some inspiration:

girly 1 - a lovely slightly creamy himilayan with a smudgy chocolate nose. She is very wriggly

girly 2 - a chocolate coloured rex with ruby eyes, although she is not like the rex I had before (my daphie and gemma were ex show girls) she is more fluffy than rexy - possibly thinking of Galaxy as she is chocolate colour?

girly 3 - honey coloured with white front and eyebrows, they called her a Texel but not sure, definately long haired but is kind of rough and a bit wavy. She looks like a Muppet to me so this name may stick as in "Muppet the carpet monster" although I suppose its not really very girly so she could have a posh name for the vets and Muppet at home.

Well, better get on, Vetbed to wash but if anyone has any name suggestions please let me know.

Beki
Overexcited mother to be