[Gpdd] [MISC] 3 New Girlies coming to me on Sunday!

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jan 30 08:21:31 EST 2010

I am so very happy for you Beki, now that you are going to have new piggies
in your life. I am sure that they will love having lilac Vetbed. I haven't
see the lilac, mine being white, grey and brown, although my local pet store
did have some printed with Christmas motifs last year. I am always washing
chunks of it and it never blocks up the washing machine.

I always need a lot of thought before naming piggies. A lot of mine, over
many, many years have had Gaelic names, as I am Irish, then flowers and
trees and also jewels. Some came with a name others needed a little
inspiration.

The only Himalayan that I have ever had was a Abby boar, who was found by a
late night dogwalker in a churchyard. He had brilliant red eyes and I called
him Armand after the vampire in the Anne Rice novels. He was a wonderful pig
but  that is not a suitable name for a sow. Almond maybe? I had an Almond -
a brindle Abby. I think that I might pick a name from the Himalayan region
for a sow. Katmandu maybe. Or something snowy. Or Yeti.

I once had two chocolate Rexes, sisters, and they were Truffle and Treacle
( Treacle had a little orange streak in her coat ). A friend had a choccy
Rex called Galaxy. She named many of her piggies after chocs and candies. I
have done this myself with piggies of an approriate colour - Rolo, Buttons,
Toffee, Gingerbread to name a few.

I think that Muppet is an excellent name for a fluffy pig, whether a boy or
a girl. She will not mind if she does not have a posh name for the vet. What
is important is that you are going to love them to bits.

Welcome to the new girlies on Sunday. Give them lots of hugs from us all.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.