[Gpdd] Misc: New Piggie at the misfits

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jul 3 19:30:38 EDT 2010

Welcome little Agnes to your wonderful new life as one of the many Misfits.

Thank you so much Jean and Andy for driving all that way to fetch her. Your
story had me in tears. How can people be so cruel to lovely little piggies
when there are people like you just waiting to love and care for them.

How ever did you find out about her?

She was probably traumatised by everything that has happened to her and I
hope that she soon settles down to eat for two or three or four
or............

It has been a long time since I had a pregnant piggy here at Piggyfriends.
Ginger was my last mum and her remaining daughter, Gingerbread recently
passed away just before her 7th. birthday. I do get to see new babes at our
Rodentologists, to whom many people take expectant mums so that they can
give birth where expert help is on hand if needed and we all get to coo over
the tiny ones.

I hope that little Agnes has an easy birth and that her piglets enjoy being
Misfits too. I also hope that your guess about her age is correct as she is
young enough to have babes without too much difficulty.

If you have them available, raspberry leaves are good food for pregnant
piggies and are reputed to make for an easier birth. Other members may
disagree but I have always offered a dish of brown bread soaked in cow's
milk a couple of times a week to pregnant sows. Some love it, some don't but
it is a good way of giving the extra calcium that is needed to produce
strong healthy babes.

Wishing you all the very best. Hugs for little Agnes. Such a lucky lady to
have come to live with you both.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.