[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Isis has left us...

Angela Taylor angela at lunaclick.net
Sun Jul 4 10:20:01 EDT 2010

I am so very sad to let you all know that Isis left us sometime early this
morning. As you probably remember, she has been suffering with ovarian cysts
(and the resulting digestive issues) for the last 3 years or so. Over the
past few months, she also developed some tumors, which I believe are what
finally overcame her. She would have been 6 years old this December.

She was a shining example of guinea pig-dom. She was the original Guinea
Goddess. While it breaks our hearts to finally have to say goodbye to her,
we know that she's no longer in pain or distress. I always used to call her
my "angel pig," and now she finally is one.

She grew to be a stubborn, moody thing as the years went by, and I think she
overcame her various health issues by sheer will alone: it was her way or
the highway! I used to joke that the Rainbow Bridge didn't want her, and
Hell was afraid she'd take over. Through all her bossiness, cage-chewing,
and demands for MORE FOOD!!, she always loved to cuddle with me and was as
content as could be in my arms. She loved to give kisses, stretching out her
nose to touch someone as soon as she was close enough.

I'm going to miss her very, very much. The sun is a little dimmer now that
she's gone.

We gave Mimi and Mona a chance to say goodbye. Mona wasn't quite sure what
to do, but Mimi laid down next to Isis and tried to wake her up. It was
heartbreaking, but I'm glad that she passed at home and they were able to
see her one last time.

I'm not sure when I'll stop crying -- probably not for a long while yet. It
grieves me to let her go, but it's my firm belief that she's found herself a
big carrot patch somewhere over the Rainbow Bridge and is furiously chomping
away at them.

~*~
Angela, Peter, and the remaining Guinea Goddesses
Artemis (Mimi) and Pomona (Mona), with Isis forever in our hearts