[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi acting weird

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jul 10 04:59:38 EDT 2010

Jaime,

What a relief that Mimi seems to be acting OK again. You would not have
wanted to travel with her during this heat.

It is surprising, the things that can spook a piggy. My herd happily carry
on munching when I vacuum around their pens or I play a loud CD. Barking
dogs do not faze them but the other day, I brought in a windchime from the
garden as it needed mending. This chime is a row of narrow metal tubes
hanging from a bamboo pole and plays a musical scale when the wind blows. I
hung it up to replace two of the tubes and as soon as it tinkled, all the
piggies stampeded into their hidey holes or tubes. They ventured out again
whilst I went to fetch some twine to do the repairs but as soon as I moved a
tube, making a tiny tinkling sound, they all rushed away again. I took the
chime back outside to mend it.

Another time, two of my boars were acting strangely and would not go into
their hidey box but stood outside looking perturbed. I could not see
anything wrong but when I disturbed the hay, I found a large bumblebee
underneath.

I live in the country surrounded by fields and I remember when a teeny, tiny
field mouse found its way into the pig room, which has an external door. The
consternation shown by my huge piggies to this tiny intruder had to be seen
to be believed. There were many wheeks of relief when I caught the mouse and
returned him to the garden. Such cowardly piggies!.

Hugs for Mimi.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.