[Gpdd] Fw: HEALTH: Doris -- Obviously It Wasn't the Rimadyl !!!

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 00:54:23 EDT 2010

Pat   possibly she is not comfortable right off with the antibiotics,
 perhaps upsetting her tummy.That happens allot, with people too.  And after
 I sent my previous answer about the Rimadyl I thought perhaps the reason
was
 that the level of the Rimadyl hadn't built up to the therapeutic level yet,
so without the metacam and the Rimadyl new she wasn't getting the pain
 relief she needed which would have been corrected after she was on the
 Rimadyl for 3 days or so as the blood level built up. Possibly something
 like this is going on so I would make sure to give the probiotics and keep
 with the Vit C

 I haven't heard before of giving the Calcium and that had me a bit stumped,
 however I dont think a few days of it is going to hurt and possibly some
 other persons with more knowledge will be able to explain about the
calcium,
 I wouldn't give it on a regular basis though, esp if her veggies have much
 calcium already, like kale. I believe you can goggle a list of hi calcium
 veggies. What is the name and dose of Antibiotics, maybe we can check that
 or go to www.guinealynx.info

 So have the simethicone handy in case her tummy is upset and keep up with
 the probiotics and hopefully she will get better. Its even possible that
 just the trip put her off. I completely understand about the vet, it is a
 tragedy for any of us to not have access to a piggy savvy vet   heeling
 wheeks  Sandy and Sammy