[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Velvet's Eyes

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Fri Jul 16 00:28:34 EDT 2010

Dear everyone last night night i as usual went to get the girls up for
playtime.........and noticed that now my little Velvey's right eye had
gone pale blue opaque.....i am gutted and so upset for her.
This morning i noticed too that she would not run past Onyx i think
she's struggling :o(
She and Onyx are at the vets right now, Brendan has done the dye test on
both her eyes and said she can see light and dark but not much else out
of her left eye, her right is looking just like how the left eye
started, so i'm presuming it will also go the same way :o(
Brendan asked for the girls to stay he was putting Velvet out for just a
moment to get some bloods from her, they've been sent off to the lab and
i'll have to wait till saturday to find out the results.
Please keep you paws crossed that there is nothing awfully wrong with
her.
He has said the worst scenario would be for her to loose both eyes or
maybe she could have laser treatment, at this stage i don't want to muck
around with her eyes.  I just don't know what to do...............

Love
Glynis (devastated) Velvet (poor baby) and Onyx (now a guide piggie) (in
mem Sully and Duke) xxxx