[Gpdd] Health; Spooky has bloat

M Fug mfug at live.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 05:39:03 EDT 2010

Well things just keep going wrong I wont go into the full story at the moment, just the latest development.

After treating both boys with baytril for conjunctivitis and sneezing Spooky and Hector lost appetite and stopped pooping a shot of metoclopramide got Hector started again but not poor Spooky.

Spooky has now been x-rayed and he has bloat, last night I gave him infacol and spent ages massaging his tummy and making him move around, overnight he managed 3 poops.

This morning I have left him with the vet who trained with PG she felt his tummy and said it feels like less gas than there was on the x-ray last night.

They have given him another shot of metoclopramide and are going to feed, water and exercise him this morning to see how he gets on.

She has said he doesnt look like he is at deaths door but he does look a bit depressed.

It depends what caused the bloat in the first place as to how well he will respond to treatment, I think it was the baytril but could be wrong.

As you all probably know the prognosis for bloat is not good so please keep fingers and paws crossed for my gentle giant Spooky.