[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Diabetes in cavies

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Jul 21 14:04:36 EDT 2010

Dear Ann and Glynis, This information rings very true to me. Oats are a
soluble fiber food and have a very low glycemic load. In my own recovery/
remission from diabetes it is the my food of choice and i would say about
half the food I are Scottish oats or thick cut oats, i ad allot of nuts and
some fruits, along with lowfat milk yogurt and cinnamon, and the fake sugar
Splenda. It is a food that stays with me so I am never hungry and it is very
satisfying , i feel like I have had a great healthy meal afterwards. Of
course a piggy wont have those exact feelings  but I think it makes sense
for piggies too. Also I eat allot of veggies, the cabbage family being my
favorite full of the photochemical, antioxidants, and Vit C, critically
important. So I would say not to hesitate at trying this diet.

Also whee know that much of the junk they put in pellets is junk, molasses?
Give the poor piggy a break.  I hope this diet will help you sort out what
is really bothering Velvet and get her on the road to health. Please share
it with your vet, let him know about Vedra since he is not a piggy vet.

Good luck, let us all know how it goes, Thank you so much Ann.  Love Sandy
and Sammy