[Gpdd] Health; Spooky has Bloat

M mfug at live.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 02:56:56 EDT 2010

Spooky is home with us now, the problem is he seems to have no interest in eating for himself, I have an appointment to go back to the vet tomorrow so wanted some advise for what to do today.

When I bought him home I gave him 0.5ml metatone and 1ml infacol, he is quiet happy to be handfed fresh leafs and he takes syringe feeding well, when I get the food into him he poops albeit not as much as a normal pig, but when I put him back in cage all he does is sit down and ignore food.

I have massaged him tummy and also made him run around to help with gas.

Question 1 how long can I keep giving him infacol?
2 how long before he should eat normally?
3 how do I get hay into him he wont be hand fed hay?
4 I am going to try and get some liquid parafin should I use that if he is pooping by himself?
5 Is there anything other than the metatone I can give to help his appetite?
6 With regard to gut flora how do I know which of Hectors poops I could give him?

I am going to syringe feed approx every 4 hours, massage his tummy, syringe him water, handfeed leaves and make him run around is there anything else I could be doing?

Thanks in advance for any help, all greatly received