[Gpdd] [CARE] Kleenmama's Hay

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Fri Jul 23 12:34:12 EDT 2010

Dear Jaime & Mim and the GPDD Family,
Kleenmama's blue grass hay is a grass hay just like timothy hay.
However, it does not have any seedheads. I have not tried their timothy
hay though I know it does contain some seedheads. Bluegrass hay is
nutritionally equivalent to orchard grass. Have you tried Oxbow's
timothy hay? I give that to my piggys for variety and because one of my
piggys just has to have her seedheads. Many pet stores sell Oxbow
timothy hay and orchard grass. I organically grow 7 different varieties
of grass in my back garden. The cavies almost daily get to run around in
a covered corral in the shade and eat the grass. Fresh grass is their
favorite. I would only feed fresh grass that I know has not been treated
with any chemicals and has not been contaminated by animals.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.