[Gpdd] HEALTH: Annie's bun, Rebecca

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 23 20:50:39 EDT 2010

Rebecca's home. She was extremely traumatized during her hospitalization,  as she feared the dog smells and sounds coming from the other part of the kennel, and she had to be wrestled into a bunny burrito for forced feeding.

Annie and her husband did more bunny wrangling, and left the poor bun screaming. She shook in terror for HOURS. They never did get more than a drop of food or medicine in her. She forcibly spit it out. She's drinking and starting to nibble romaine and parsley. She's played with her hay, but nothing serious. There are small droppings being produced. Annie's afraid to give her too much fresh greens for fear of diarrhea, but she's got to eat SOMETHING. Overall, she's better than yesterday and enjoys Annie being around.

It's sad that the bun's psychological trauma is keeping her from accepting help, not unlike many of us. I wish I could get my hands on whoever put that terror in her in the first place. All we know is that she was raised by a troop of Boy Scouts and rescued by some Girl Scouts, and there must've been dogs involved.

We sure appreciate your love and concern for our little Bunny Girl. I'll keep you posted!

Joanie