[Gpdd] Health; Spooky has Bloat

ME me at buddies.org
Fri Jul 23 22:48:33 EDT 2010

I don't know anything about your meds, but I have had plenty of practice getting piggies to eat.

There really isn't a timetable for getting them to eat.  Since this is his first day home, it's understandable he's not eating ... he may not eat for several days or possibly longer, depending on how he feels.  The main thing is to do things that make him happy.  He's more likely to recover and get better quicker that way.

I syringe feed canned pumpkin ... it seems to have good fiber for those who aren't eating hay on their own, as much as he'll eat in about 20 minutes, every 4 hours.

Is Spooky drinking at all on his own?  If not, I would syringe some every two hours ... as much as he'll take in about 10 minutes ... I like to put a bit of vit. C in the water.

I don't know if it really does anything, but I always tell my little ones I'm not going to give up on them so they better not either ... lots of scratches and kisses, even while hand feeding ... I always try to make hand feeding a happy time, though it's really hard when I'm thinking I'm going to lose the little one.  I never force ... but sometimes I try to urge ... but if they say they're done, they're done.