[Gpdd] [Health] <Spooky has Bloat>

Janneke guinygirl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 04:57:13 EDT 2010

Hey M,

When Igor was sick a while ago, he also had trouble starting eating
after the actual sick period. The vet did lots of tests on him and
couldnt really find anything wrong anymore. Igor did eat, but just not
enough.

A dutch friend of mine gave me a great tip back then. I syringe fed
Igor every few hours or so and she told me I fed him too often.
Because of that, Igor had no internal signs telling him to eat, so he
didn't (Yes I know, mister Igor is a weird pig.. he actually needs his
body to tell him he's hungry). Also, I fed him too little, so he
couldnt gain any weight from the syringe either.

What she recommended was that I started feeding him 25-30ml once a
day. And believe it or not, that helped (well, you know that already
;-) )

I'm not saying that this particular method would help for spooky. I'd
only do this with spooky if i was sure that it was likely to be a
'spoiled pig' problem, and if i'd do it, i'd do it in the weekend so
that I could keep an eye on him.

Grtz!
Janneke