[Gpdd] MISC: Adoption

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 26 19:54:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

In March I posted about a group of GPs found abandoned in a field in Mass.  Joe
and I took in two sows as fosters, Zoe and Lily.  They were terrified of
everything, especially people.  It took a long time but they grew to trust us
and allow some holding and petting.  In June Zoe had a baby we named June.  We
are keeping Zoe and June, but sadly returned Lily to the shelter for adoption
last week.  When we returned from vacation this week she had found a new home!
Surprise it was someone I knew!  I hadn't talked to this lady for over a year
since I retired.  She has had GPs in the past and one died leaving her with a
sow in need of a friend.  She called the Medfield Animal Shelter because they
were the only one around here with a sow for adoption.  Lily, who wouldn't live
with either Zoe or Jodie without fighting while at our house, took to Ann's pig
right away.   All the GPs that were abandoned have been adopted and are very
happy piggers. Don't you just love happy piggie stories :)

PS:  Check us out in the latest Critters magazine at your local pet store
(Petsmart, Petco, etc.), page 48!

Dee