[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Marble Surgery

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 00:39:15 EDT 2010

Dear Debra   I think it sounds like you very much made the decision you
could based on the info you and the vet could get. If he was starting it
chew it was definitely time to go. Is the doc doing an examination to
determine what is was or sending it off to a lab for a determination?  Hope
so. Mean while alls well that goes well, keep his front end loaded with wet
veggies, fiber, and Vit C, and make sure the right amount is coming out the
back and that it is wet enough and frequent enough. If he slows down his
eating and drinking then follow the stasis protocol I published a couple
days ago for the rabbit(below). But really that's just safety measures, he
should be fine.  Let us know what it was when you find out. You have been a
fine piggy momma IMHO. Here is the link
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html by Dana Kremples, PhD. Univ of
Miami

There is a link in it at the top for Vets, the rest is for you, read both
and have all the recommended supplies on hand, since if a piggy is going to
go into stasis there is some kind of universal law that it will be at night,
on wheekend, or holiday. Please note it is written for rabbits but works for
piggies. Fortunately piggies have it less than buns, but after surgery or
medication is the most likely time.  He will be fine.
Love Sandy and Sammy