[Gpdd] BREEDING [information]

Linda Kenyon llkenyon27 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 23:01:52 EDT 2010

Please forgive me if my questions overlap with other labels.

I recently adopted a young female guinea pig that had been surrendered with
a male.  It didn't occur to me until more than a week after I brought her
home that I should have asked if she and the male had been housed together.
Having never bred a guinea pig, and not intending to, I do not know what I
ought to be looking for to ascertain whether she is just one guinea pig or
more than one.  I had a female for 8 years, which I partly credit this list
for.  She passed away in 2002, so I haven't been on the list for quite some
time.  I figured this might be the best place to start with these
questions.  I've had this one, Abigail, for three weeks.  She nibbles on
clothes and hands, which I'm not used to.  I don't even know if this is a
habit guinea pig mamas-to-be do.

Any information will be helpful.  Thanks much.