[Gpdd] CARE - piggies and rats

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Wed Jun 2 14:31:59 EDT 2010

Hello, I've kept both piggies and rats for years now and have never had any problems with them being in the same room.  Obviously I'd never put them in the same cage together but have often had a rat or two sitting on my shoulder whilst around the piggies and the piggies have never taken much notice of the rats.  Often when I go to feed the piggies I'll be carrying the rats either on my shoulder or in under my jumper and there's no problems on either side.  There are loads of different rat groups on the internet but the one I'm on is the ratlist, a worldwide and fairly busy yahoo group.  There's always someone there that's able to answer any questions you've got.  I hope you enjoy looking after the rat, they make wonderful pets.  As with my piggies, I'd never be without rats now.