[Gpdd] CARE: Re piggies and rats

Fiona Is Me pretend.reality at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 23:08:06 EDT 2010

Hullo :)

I myself have my piggies and ratties housed in the same room, and I find
that they do not upset my piggies. They're quite as happy to go about their
business just as much as they were before when they were in separate rooms.
Though I suppose each pig to their own, perhaps try it out to see how they
go and closely observe to see if they are bothered.
There are a few things that you must keep in mind if you're going to be
housing ratties as well for a while. Firstly don't let them interact
unsupervised, and if they have any sicknesses which may be contagious to
guinea pigs which your herd has not been pre-exposed to, perhaps not let
them interact at all and undertake any quarantine measures to keep your
piggies healthy. And of course don't house them in the same cage cos they
won't get along!
My favourite website is rattyrat.com because it has lots of information all
in one spot. Otherwise there are heaps of other places to find info on the
internet as well, one place which is the ratlist on yahoo groups, and
joinrats, both of which I am a part of :)

Good luck! :D

-Fiona