[Gpdd] Gpdd [Health] (flakey skin on piggie nose)

Marsha Neely matilda at ptsi.net
Wed Jun 9 00:21:42 EDT 2010

Ellen,

Sulfatrim is a common med given to guinea pigs and I have used it many, many times.

I'm with Sandy regarding the testing results time.  Three weeks is way too long.  I wonder if the sample got lost in transit.

I have never had a guinea pig with the rash you describe on their nose, but I am wondering if you have changed anything lately...new litter, new food, new hay.  Does it look like it could be an allergy of some kind?  In humans, allergies can weaken the immune system and we can get upper respiratory infections as a result of that and the irritation.  Just a thought.

Marsha Neely
The BeJabbers:  KissaBella, GracieBallet, BonnieMamas, SisterChloe, Sister Heidi