[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Opaque / Blue Eye

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Mon Jun 14 21:59:02 EDT 2010

Last night i went down singing as usual to the girls.......... good
evening princesses it's clean up time and play time......(just as well
nobody else can hear me LOL)

Started to clean out as per usual, grabbed Onyx first as she was in an
easy spot, and she is the wriggliest of the two........kissed her and
then the good once over as usual....up turn look at her bits (and yes
she gets most embarassed!!) did the chinny feel for abscesses or
anything else......ran hands over her body.....ahhh all good.  Kept
cleaning, then chased Velvet around the house....did the usual turn over
and then turned her back and went to kiss her and  ARGGGG you have a
blue opaque eye!!  My heart throbbed my headched and i felt like i
wanted to be physically ill.....that dreaded feeling came back to me i'd
not had this feeling for a long time, not since Dukey left......

Up the stairs i went trying to fight back the tears and then i made
Allan wake up, we'd been up early watching the soccer, and yes he
confirmed it was a pale blue eye too.....grabbed my mobile and text
Traci (she's my head nurse and their original mummy slave).....she
thinks it's a hay poke PHEW.....but i called today and she said i could
come in tomorrow and get her checked over, i will do this as i'd just
feel so bad if it was the start of something else and i'd not done
anything about it.
So piggies cross your paws that it's just a horrible hay poke and Velvet
will be ok.  I've had some advice about using some optrex eye drops
twice daily.  I'll also be taking Onyx with her for support and comfort.

Love
Glynis (the panicked mummy) Velvet (what's this fuss all about) and Onyx
(huh i'm fine why do i have to go to vets) (in mem Sully and Duke) xxxx