[Gpdd] Gpdd [Health] (flakey skin on piggie nose)

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 07:31:24 EDT 2010

Hi Every one,
Just a thank you to everyone who advised me about the antibiotic sulfatrim
as Ann had mentioned.  The vet gave the prescription as .35 mL 2x a day for
10 days.  So the only thing that varies there from Vedra Stanley Spatcher's
(sp?) recommended dosage, is a variance of .30 mL a day.
I am also giving them Oxbow vitamin C, plus more syringes of water with the
meds.  Also Benebac a probiotic.
The test on Sammie's skin condition is negative for ringworm, yaay!!
It may be a fungal thing and I am going to check out gorgeous guineas web
page, hope we can order the lavendar stuff for fungal skin disorders.

I was quite sure that they would be well after the treatment of sulfatrim
especially when combined with vitamin C.  I had a naturalist doctor back in
California who said vitamin c in combination with antibiotics, helps to
treat the infection (it somehow empowers the strength of the antibiotic).
Also just real brief, the water I give the pigs is not always Penta water
anymore. I had given them that when i got some on sale, but the price is
through the roof!
We have a filter on the tap so it's easiest to use that, a Pur filter; and
also the Pur water pitcher. so we usually double filter the tap water and
sometimes I fill up a gallon jug for 50 cents at a highly filtered water
store.
Thanks, Ellen