[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Melody (April 28, 2007 - June 15, 2010)

ME me at buddies.org
Fri Jun 18 03:49:11 EDT 2010

Ellen, Fugly, ME, Joanne, Sandy, and Penny, thank you for your thoughts.  It does seem that there have been many losses recently ... they seem to come in waves at times ... my Grace left less than a month ago ... and I lost Liberty in November ... but I was wondering if this was going to happen since my herd has been aging ... before I got the new babies a few weeks ago, my girls were all over three years old.

I've had over 20 pigs since I was 5, and I remember each one ... though when I try to name them all in chronological order, I kind of get stuck when I hit the 90s since that's when I started having multiple piggies at a time, sometimes finding a new one less than year apart.  I was afraid of having multiples, because I thought they wouldn't be attached to me if they had piggie friends, but I found just the opposite.  The only downside I've found with having multiples, is sometimes having multiple deaths in a short time.  In times like this, I've often thought that maybe I shouldn't have piggies anymore ... but then, I end up finding a few really cute noses to bring home ... so now I have Hope, Providence, Harmony, and the new babies, Joy and Destiny ... the big cage seems so empty with just the three ... but the babies will join them soon ... they've been in quarantine for three weeks, but I'm pretty sure they're fine.  I think maybe this weekend or next ... we'll see.