[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: thank you so much for the condolences for Tumbleweed

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Jun 20 14:49:45 EDT 2010

It has almost been a month since Tumbleweed passed away, and I still
"see" him everywhere -- trotting across his cage or the floor, perched
on his bowl eating, or tucked into his hay trough.  I've called Friday
"Tumbleweed" a couple of times, and I still talk about "the boys."

I can't thank you enough for the prayers, kind thoughts, condolences,
and sympathy you have sent to us.  I know that you understand what we've
been going through, what too many of us have been through.  Your
thoughtful and understanding notes are such a comfort, and I will print
them all out to read again, and in years to come.

I have written everyone personally as well but wanted to thank everyone
here, publicly.  The people and piggies of the Digest are so incredibly
wonderful, and we've created a beautiful community, where good news is
celebrated and where, perhaps most importantly, pain and loss are shared.

I'd like to add two more thoughts about my special Tumbleweed.  On his
last morning, after I held him at home before we went to the vet's, I
put him back in his cage to see Friday for the last time.  (Whew, I am
tearing up.)  Tumbleweed walked through his cozy, and Friday got up from
where he'd been resting in the corner.  At the end of the cozy,
Tumbleweed and Friday came nose to nose, and I could tell they were
exchanging information.  I'd never quite seen them communicate that way,
but I have no doubt that they were saying goodbye -- and perhaps
Tumbleweed already saw the Rainbow Bridge and was telling Friday where
he would be.  Usually when Tumbleweed and Friday were briefly separated,
if Friday were on the floor, he would run around looking for
Tumbleweed.  We have wooden barriers up, to keep them in the kitchen
during floortime, and Friday would grab at the barriers and sometimes
work his way past them to find his Tumbleweed.  After Tumbleweed passed
away, however, Friday never went looking for him.  He already knew ...

Also, Friday loves the bell in his cage and is always ringing it for
food.  He has been ringing it much more frequently since Tumbleweed left
us, and I've thought of the line from "It's A Wonderful Life": "Every
time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings."  It's almost as if Friday
has been wanting to make sure Tumbleweed gets his wings at the Bridge.

Thank you for reading this and thank you for all of the support,
encouragement, and advice during Tumbleweed's illnesses and for the
concern and caring you've given us since he has gone on to his new life
<sniff>.

Cindy and Friday, missing Tumbleweed