[Gpdd] Health; Fugly has Kidney Stones

M Fug mfug at live.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 09:41:13 EDT 2010

Hi all, some of you will know I have been concerned about Fugly as for the last 8 months he has been losing weight and looking miserable then we will give him a painkiller, metatone, acidophilus etc and he will perk up gain the weight again and be fine for a few months.

In this time he has been to my usual vet 3 times only to be told on each occassion that they cant find anything wrong.

Well this time he started losing weight again and nothing we had done before worked, I searched around and found a vet about 40 minutes away who trained with Peter Gurney.

Fugly stayed the night at the new vet on Tuesday so that on Wednesday they could run a whole load of tests including x-rays.

The news is not good, he has kidney stones, at the moment he has 2 stones stuck in the urethas between the kidney and bladder one each side also the x-ray looks like there are 2 more stones forming again one in each kidney. Where the stones are at the moment they are inoperable.

The blood tests showed that he also has liver and kidney damage.

He is home with us now but we dont know how long we have left. We are giving him 0.9ml Septrim twice a day for 2 weeks and also fibreplex pre/probiotic to help his tummy. We are getting some herbal remedies to see if they can help break the stones down they are Hydrangea Root Tincture and Chanca Plus Powder from Galens Garden.

We have a diet list but based on that we have been giving him the right diet and he has developed the stones anyway.

Needless to say I am devestated at the moment but if anyone has any other suggestions we could try please let me know and please keep fingers and paws crossed for my little boy.

At the moment his weight is down to 925g and he looks so skinny it breaks my heart.

Sorry for rambling