[Gpdd] [Announcement] Welcome Sooty!

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Jun 25 04:52:58 EDT 2010

I remember that news story about Sooty the GP. It was in all the newspapers
and even on the television. He certainly had his 15 minutes of fame.

I am glad that Doodlebug now has his own name. A new name for a new and
happy life. Welcome Sooty.

We nearly had a Sooty Piggyfriend years ago. He arrived in a terrible state
and took months of meds and TLC to put him on the road to recovery. I
thought that he needed a new name for his second chance at life so I renamed
him Balthazar as I had collected him from a muddy field on January 6th. I am
not religious but knew the date of Epiphany - besides, my friend, Tricia,
had a piggy called Caspar. I always thought that I should have named the
next boar Melchior to complete the trio. Also, there was a most annoying
puppet bear called Sooty on the television when I was a lot younger and it
rather put me off the name. It was probably the presenter/puppeteer's fault
rather than that of the bear. Enough waffling.......

Penny and the Piggyfriends.